ECTN is a requirement to be implemented soon for shipments to Algeria
We also have many exporters from United States regularly obtaining ECTN from us. Our exceptional team is ready to support exporters and freight forwarders in 24/7. Contact us now for a Free Consultation.
Here are some of the companies we work with
We’ve provided the CTN certificate for over 20 countries to clients worldwide since 2005.
What is ECTN?
ECTN is a mandatory loading document for all shipments to Africa. It is also known as BSC, BESC or CTN. Failing to present the ECTN document will lead to severe consequences and a hefty fine.
Procedure of Algeria ECTN
According to this law, every cargo purchased from abroad and transported for commercial, business, in some cases, diplomatic and personal purposes require a Loading Certificate called ECTN – Electronic Cargo Tracking Note.
The shipper or the freight forwarder is responsible for acquiring the ECTN waiver certificate from the authorized representative.
The required documents list for Algeria ECTN is not announced by official sources. However, it is likely to be:
- Bill of Lading: A draft copy can be used for the draft.
- Commercial Invoice – Incoterm, reference, and the date have to be mentioned.
- Freight Invoice: It is necessary if the freight cost isn’t on the commercial invoice.
- According to Algeria Customs regulations, all sea cargo shipped to the country requires an ECTN certificate (date to be announced)
- Each Bill of Lading must be covered by at least one ECTN, and its unique number must be inserted in the Original Bill of Lading and the Cargo Manifest.
- The Algeria ECTN certificate must be validated latest five days before the vessel arrives.
- Cargo arriving without a valid ECTN will result in a fine of an amount twice the cost of the ECTN. Plus, the shipment will be blocked till the consignee do the necessary paperwork and pays the penalty levy and demurrage charges.
GetCTN is an independent consulting firm that helps clients obtain CTN certificates in many African countries. It is an international company with offices in the USA, UK, and UAE, and its sole business is CTN certification; it is not a freight forwarder, importer, or exporter.
The hard copy of the certificate isn’t necessary at all. Instead, the whole process is completed online.
A bill of lading (BL or BoL) is a legal document issued by a carrier to a shipper that details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried.
A commercial invoice is a required document for the export and import clearance process. It is sometimes used for foreign exchange purposes. In the buyer’s country, it is the document their customs officials use to assess import duties and taxes.