Equatorial Guinea ECTN
ECTN is a mandatory document for all ports in Equatorial Guinea
We also have many exporters regularly obtaining ECTN for Equatorial Guinea from us. Our exceptional team is ready to support exporters and freight forwarders in United States 24/7. Contact us now for a Free Consultation.
Here are some of the companies we work with
We’ve provided the CTN certificate for over 20 countries to clients worldwide since 2005.
What is ECTN?
ECTN is a mandatory loading document for all shipments to Equatorial Guinea. It is also known as BSC. It was determined as a regulation in 2000 by the Equatorial Guinea Customs Officials. Failing to present the ECTN document will lead to severe consequences and a hefty fine.
According to this law, every cargo purchased from abroad and transported for commercial, business, in some cases, diplomatic and personal purposes require a Loading Certificate called ECTN – Electronic Cargo Tracking Note.
The shipper or the freight forwarder is responsible for acquiring the ECTN waiver certificate from the authorized representative.
- Bill of Lading – A draft copy can be used for the draft.
- Commercial Invoice – Incoterm, reference, and date must be mentioned.
- Freight Invoice – It is necessary if the freight cost isn’t on the commercial invoice.
- Export Customs Declaration – Details have to be the same across all documents if it is not cross-trade.
- According to Equatorial Guinea Customs regulations, all cargoes to Equatorial Guinea must be accompanied by an ECTN certificate.
- The ECTN certificate must be validated five days before the vessel arrives at the latest.
- Shipments that arrive without ECTN or with false information on the ECTN get charged twice the certificate cost plus the regulation charge determined by the Equatorial Guinea National Port Officials.
Equatorial Guinea FAQs
No, ECTN is unique and reserved only for one shipment. Every shipment must have a validated ECTN number.
No. The Equatorial Guinea ECTN certificate number is not required to show on the Bill of Lading.
GetCTN is an independent consulting firm that helps clients obtain CTN certificates in many African countries. It is an international company with offices in the USA, UK, and UAE, and its sole business is CTN certification; it is not a freight forwarder, importer, or exporter.
The hard copy of the certificate isn’t necessary at all. Instead, the whole process is completed online.
A bill of lading (BL or BoL) is a legal document issued by a carrier to a shipper that details the type, quantity, and destination of the goods being carried.
A commercial invoice is a required document for the export and import clearance process. It is sometimes used for foreign exchange purposes. In the buyer’s country, it is the document their customs officials use to assess import duties and taxes.